Model Me Kids Level 1: 20-hour Teacher Training (Yoga for Children with Autism)
This hands-on workshop will provide a strong foundation for teaching yoga to all children with a special emphasis on yoga for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Designed for:
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Camp Counselors
- Caregivers to children with Autism
- Yoga Teachers interested in teaching yoga to children with special needs
*No yoga experience required.
- Background in Yoga for Children with Autism: 2.75 hour
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 6.5 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 3 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 2 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics: 1.75
- Practicum: 4 Contact hours - Observation plus practice teaching
- Total: 20 Contact hours
As a result of taking this training program, participants will be able to:
- Structure a yoga class for children with Autism
- Modify postures for children with Autism
- Teach breathing exercises, meditation, and relaxation to children
- Integrate props, chanting, and hands-on assists
- Implement yoga sequences specific to a classroom environment including chair yoga and partner yoga
Upon completion of the MMK Level 1: 20-hour module, receive a certification of completion. Level 1 is a stand-alone training workshop. The 20 hours may also be applied toward our 95-hour children's yoga teacher training certificate for those who choose to pursue certification through Yoga Alliance.
Saturday 10am-6pm Group training
Sunday 10am-6pm Group training
Monday 9am-1pm Observation and practice teaching with students in the classroom
$495 per participant within 1 hour travel radius of Montgomery County, Maryland
Group size: 8 minimum, 15 maximum
$595 per participant beyond 1 hour travel radius of Montgomery County, Maryland
Group size: 10 minimum, 15 maximum
Contact us to host at your location: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888-938-3240
Model Me Kids, LLC is a registered children's yoga school (RCYS) through Yoga Alliance.
MMK Yoga Level 2: 75-Hour Module
- Background in Specialty Area: 11 hours
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 13.5 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 12 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 6.25 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: 10.25 hours
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Elective non-contact hours: 8 hours
- Total: 67 contact hours; 8 non-contact hours
Prerequisite: MMK Yoga Level 1: 20-hour module
Upon completion of the MMK Yoga Level 1: 20-hour module, receive a certification of completion. Level 1 is a stand-alone training module. This module also counts as the first 20 hours for those who choose to pursue the 95-hour children's yoga training certificate through Yoga Alliance.
Natasha Romano, E-RYT-500, RCYT
Natasha is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500) with over 500 hours of teaching instruction and a Registered Childrens Yoga Teacher (RCYT) through Yoga Alliance, the national organization that sets standards for the initial and ongoing registration of yoga teachers. She studied with Yogiraj Alan Finger and became an ISHTA 200-hour graduate. Natasha is trained in Kids Yoga, including specialization in yoga for children with special needs. Natasha is trained in Thai Yoga Massage and infuses these skills in her classes to promote deeper stretching and healing.
Sue Klein, RYT-200
Sue is the founder of Model Me Kids, LLC, and a 200-hour trained yoga teacher and ABA Therapist. She holds certificates in Thai Yoga Massage, as well as Reiki levels 1 & 2. Sue blends her experience in Applied Behavior Analysis with her teaching of yoga to children with Autism. She is the producer of the Autism yoga training DVD, Model Me Yoga™, and the owner and founder of Model Me Kids, LLC.