Model Me Kids Level 1: 20-hour Teacher Training (Yoga for Children with Autism)
Our dynamic, hands-on teacher training provides the basis for teaching yoga to all children, with a special emphasis on yoga for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Camp Counselors
- Caregivers to children with Autism
- Yoga Teachers interested in teaching yoga to children with special needs
*No yoga experience required.
- Background in Yoga for Children with Autism: 2.75 hour
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 6.5 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 3 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 2 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics: 1.75
- Practicum: 4 Contact hours - Observation plus practice teaching
- Total: 20 Contact hours
As a result of taking this training program, participants will be able to:
- Create and lead a yoga class for children with Autism
- Incorporate meditation and breathing exercises to facilitate relaxation
- Use props, chanting, and hands-on assists to support the practice of yoga in children
- Modify postures specific to children with Autism
- Implement yoga sequences specific to a classroom environment, including chair yoga and partner yoga
Upon completion of the MMK Level 1: 20-hour module, receive a certification of completion. Level 1 is a stand-alone training workshop. The 20 hours may also be applied toward our 95-hour children's yoga teacher training certificate for those who choose to pursue certification through Yoga Alliance.
Sunday 10am-6pm g
How it Works
If your school would like to host a workshop, but doesn't have the minimum number of participants, we would be happy to spread the word through our networks about the workshop date to fill any remaining spots.
$445 per participant within 1 hour travel radius of Montgomery County, Maryland
Group size: 8 minimum, 15 maximum
$495 per participant beyond 1 hour travel radius of Montgomery County, Maryland (in the U.S.)
Group size: 10 minimum, 15 maximum
Each participant receives a copy of Model Me Yoga™ and our Yoga for Autism Teacher Training Workbook.
Contact us to host at your location: email@example.com or call us at 888-938-3240
Model Me Kids, LLC is a Registered Children's Yoga School (RCYS) through Yoga Alliance.
MMK Yoga Level 2: 75-Hour Module
- Background in Specialty Area: 11 hours
- Techniques, Training and Practice: 13.5 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 12 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology: 6.25 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: 10.25 hours
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Elective non-contact hours: 8 hours
- Total: 67 contact hours; 8 non-contact hours
Prerequisite: MMK Yoga Level 1: 20-hour module
Upon completion of the MMK Yoga Level 1: 20-hour module, receive a certification of completion. Level 1 is a stand-alone training module. This module also counts as the first 20 hours for those who choose to pursue the 95-hour children's yoga training certificate through Yoga Alliance.
Natasha Romano, E-RYT-500, RCYT
Natasha is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 500) with over 500 hours of teaching instruction and a Registered Childrens Yoga Teacher (RCYT) through Yoga Alliance. She studied with Yogiraj Alan Finger, is an ISHTA 200-hour graduate, and is certified in Thai Yoga Massage. Natasha is trained in Kids Yoga, including specialization in yoga for children with special needs.
Sue Klein, RYT-200
Sue is the founder of Model Me Kids, LLC, a 200-hour trained yoga teacher, and experienced ABA Therapist. She holds certificates in Thai Yoga Massage, as well as Reiki levels 1 & 2. Sue blends her background in Applied Behavior Analysis with her teaching of yoga to children with Autism. She is the producer of the Autism yoga training DVD, Model Me Yoga™.
Marni Ratner, RYT-200
Marni is a yoga teacher whose experience includes leading classes for children in the early intervention program through Montgomery County, Maryland Public Schools. Her background in music, performing, and coaching infuse her training with creativity and spirit.